Brain injuries are not something that should ever be taken lightly, since traumatic brain injuries can result in permanent pain, disability, mental decline, and even death.
If you suspect that you or someone you know has suffered a brain injury, it’s essential you take measures to mitigate the effects of the injury by seeking out qualified brain injury rehabilitation.
Continue reading to learn more about brain injury rehabilitation or get in touch with Brain Injury Law of Seattle to speak with a seasoned TBI lawyer about your case.
What Is Brain Injury Rehabilitation?
Brain injury rehabilitation is a form of therapy that is designed to help victims of TBIs relearn skills that they’ve lost due to their brain injury.
Victims of traumatic brain injuries often experience motor skill issues, emotional problems, communication, and cognitive issues.
These all necessitate brain injury rehabilitation and should be treated very seriously.
Examples of brain injury rehabilitation include teaching patients how to complete daily tasks such as dressing or feeding themselves, communicating (speaking), walking, etc.
Types of Rehabilitation For Brain Injury
What are the different brain injury rehabilitation programs? TBI rehab may take on many different forms (depending on the severity of the TBI and skills that the victim is trying to relearn).
Some of the forms of brain injuries rehabilitation include:
- Speech therapy
- Physical therapy
The Importance Of Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Why is brain injury rehabilitation so important?
Some of the ways that traumatic brain injury rehabilitation can benefit victims of TBIs include:
- Helping victims relearn how to function at home and complete basic daily tasks
- Aiding victims in showing the appropriate emotional responses and relate to people properly
- Treating cognitive conditions brought on by the traumatic brain injury
Besides being beneficial, TBI rehab can also help prevent certain complications that might occur due to the injury.
Some potential complications that TBI rehabilitation may prevent include:
- Blood clots
- Pain and soreness
- Breathing issues
- Bowel or bladder issues
- Muscular weakness
Best Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centers
Some traumatic brain injury rehabilitation centers in Washington State include:
- Rehabilitation Institute of Washington
- The Good Samaritan Regional Rehabilitation Center
- Seattle Children’s Rehabilitation Medicine
- Hope Network Neuro Rehabilitation
Symptoms Of Traumatic Brain Injuries
What are common symptoms of traumatic brain injuries that I should be on the lookout for?
Some common symptoms of traumatic brain injuries include:
- Headaches or migraines
- Vomiting or nausea
- Dizziness and loss of balance
- Vision impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Speech impairment
- Cognitive issues (difficulty remembering or concentrating)
- Mood irregularities (mood swings, anxiety, depression, anger, paranoia, etc.)
- Sudden loss of consciousness (lasting between a couple of seconds and a couple of minutes)
- Sleep issues (insomnia or sleeping longer than usual)
- Intense fatigue or drowsiness
- Sensitivity to things such as light or sound
- Loss of coordination
Please keep in mind that the above list is by no means extensive and that traumatic brain injury symptoms may not present themselves for several days or even weeks.
This is why (even if you present no signs of a TBI) it’s absolutely essential to seek out medical attention following an accident where you could have sustained a traumatic brain injury.
What To Do If You’re In Need Of TBI Rehabilitation
What should I do if I’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury?
If you’ve recently become the victim of a TBI, here are four things that you should do as soon as possible.
- Visit the doctor and get medical documentation of your TBI
- Get a traumatic brain injury lawyer to fight for you
- Find a traumatic brain injury rehab program to aid you with recovery
- Dedicate time to recovery — take time off from work and hobbies to allow your body time to recover
Need a Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney?
If you or a loved one has recently suffered a TBI, get the legal assistance you deserve by contacting Brain Injury Law Of Seattle.
You deserve to have your health, happiness, and financial future taken care of by getting the medical and legal assistance that you deserve.
Here at Brain Injury Law Of Seattle, we specialize in brain and personal injury law and we want to use our expertise to help you get the compensation that you need in order to recover.
Get in touch with Brain Injury Law Of Seattle today to schedule your first consultation with a knowledgeable brain injury attorney.